To explore this theme, we will be hosting seminars, panel discussions, and workshops on the following topics:
1. Representation: How can we best craft a future where STEM and SciPol leadership reflects the diverse populations served by these fields?
2. Technology: How do issues of cybersecurity, mass media, and internet access intersect with vulnerable populations?
3. Natural Resources: What can we do to mitigate the disproportionately negative impacts of climate change and water pollution on low socioeconomic status communities?
4. Health & Biomedical Research: Health disparities, bioethics, and medical access– what does the future hold?
The symposium will also feature:
– professional development workshops
– poster session
– industry expo
– flash talks
Check back here for updates as we solidify our schedule and speakers!